From Mason’s POV, green beans suck. It doesn’t matter what I mix them with, he just won’t eat them. Or so I thought. Then I discovered YoBaby 3 in 1 meals with green beans and pear. It had never occurred to me to mix green beans with yogurt. Sure, Mason loves his yogurt — I usually make his homemade — but the combo just seemed strange. Could it possibly work? Did the people of YoBaby know something I didn’t? What the hell. I bought some and was honestly shocked when Mason gobbled it up three nights in a row. Perhaps he had no clue the yogurt was harboring the enemy. But who cares? It worked and I’m going to make my own batch of yogurt inspired from the YoBaby blend later this week (recipe below).
How do you get your babe to eat foods he/she doesn’t like?
Pear-Green Bean Yogurt
Organic Stonyfield full-fat plain yogurt or Greek yogurt*
Organic green beans
1. Wash and cook green beans (I prefer frozen because fresh can get gritty when pureed). Drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Puree until you reach desired consistency.
2. Wash, peel, and cook pear. Drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Puree until you reach desired consistency.
3. Combine three ounces of yogurt with 1 ounce each of pureed pear and green beans.
4. Freeze leftovers in 2- to 4-ounce portions.
5. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.